Tuesday 31 December 2013

#AskPrettyPetals1

Hello my lovelies!,

I can hardly believe that tomorrow, we will be saying that today was last year!! This year has flown by and its had its ups and downs but at least I'm heading into 2014 with a good mind as I hope many of you guys are too! I set out on Instagram (@_prettypetals) and asked my lovely followers to ask me some beauty/fashion questions or just anything about 2013 in general and I got a lot of questions! Thankyou for all of the questions, I found it hard to chose the best ones!

1.) What is your aim in Youtube for 2014? @tilda_blohm
Our aim is to try and double our amount of subscribers! At the moment, we have 2,140 so it would be amazing to have around 4,000 this time next year, if not more! We have some exciting plans for our Youtube videos in 2014 which we are excited to share with you guys so make sure that you're a subscriber if you want to see what lies in store for us throughout 2014! (Youtube - AllYours1516)

2.) Who is your beauty inspiration of the year? @_hannahjaynetaylorr
This is surprisingly easy for me! Around April 2013, I started watching Tanya Burr on Youtube and I watched all of her makeup tutorials. From then on, I started building up my own collection of makeup and trying out the makeup looks that she videoed. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be into makeup as I am now and I also wouldn't have found other Youtubers that I now love to watch! 

3.) When did you start Instagram and why? & Why did you make a blog? @olivia_hassan
I actually started a 'themed' Instagram back in January when I got my iPod. I was inspired by @livandhearts who is no longer on Instagram (I think) and so I started taking themed photos. My Instagram then got deleted at 500 followers which at that point for me was devastating because 500 followers to me back then was incredible! Now, here I am with 16,000 of you guys on Instagram and I wouldn't change it for the world! It might sound silly, but I feel so privileged that 16k people like my themed photos and have stuck with me all these months! I made a blog because I have always loved to write and I just thought that it would be really fun to write about beauty, fashion and my life!

4.) What makeup brand have you brought the most makeup from this year? @blondie_21xox
I think that has got to be Rimmel London! I have purchased a lot of makeup from the Rimmel stand over the past year and I love it! However, I have probably been gifted the most makeup from Benefit this year which I am really grateful for as Benefit is my favourite makeup brand and it is quite expensive!

5.) What's the best and worst fashion statement that you've seen in 2013? @thosecutethingsss
This is a hard question because there have been lots of trends that I have loved and hated this year! Two of my favourite trends this year have been the Tartan and Grunge trend! Now on to my worst fashion statement that I have seen this year. I know that a lot of people are going to disagree with me here but I really disliked (and still do) the Air Max trend! I just think that they look ridiculously clumpy on your feet!

6.) What's your favourite shop of the year and why? @brooke_amber9
I think my favourite shop this year has been Lush! Before April, I had never even heard of Lush and now, it is my favourite shop ever! I think I found out about Lush because of Instagram so thankyou 'themed' accounts for making me love Lush and waste my money on un-needed but so worth-it bath bombs!

7.) What was a highlight of 2013 for you? @californiaklass_
There are quite a few highlights that have been important to me this year so I'm going to cheat and say more than one! Starting Youtube, going to see We Will Rock You (Westend), starting Year 10 = GCSE's, saying goodbye to a loved one, reaching my main goal of 10k on Instagram, reaching 2k on Youtube, going to see JLS on their last ever tour, being a senior dancer in a show with Ale, getting a letter of approval to dance at Disneyland Paris with my dance school.. etc! I could go on forever, but that is just a taster of some of the amazing things that has happened this year which I am forever grateful for!

8.) What's been your favourite fashion item this year? @hebesprettylittlelife
This question is absolutely impossible for me to answer with just one answer but a few items are my high-waisted jeans from Internacionale and I have loved my blouses this year! I must have about 8 blouses in my wardrobe now!

9.) If you were stuck on a desert island and you could only have 3 beauty products, what would they be and why? @niamh_rosie
 I would choose: Aussie's Miracle Hair Leave-in Conditioner, Lush's Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly and lastly, Soap and Glory's Flake Away! I love these 3 products so much and they are my must-have bath items.

10.) What is your New Years resolution for 2014? @emilyjxne
My New Years resolution is to be more flexible and that means that I am going to stretch much more! As a dancer, it is important that I stretch all of the time but I always forget so from 1st January onwards, I will keep my resolution and stretch more to become more flexible! Also, I will stop spending so much money on items that I don't really need (blouses).

Thankyou for asking me lots of lovely questions, I really enjoyed going through each one and thinking about my answer! I hope that you all have a wonderful but safe New Years and celebrate with joy whatever you're doing! I will see you next when it is 2014!

What is your New Years resolution?

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment